Thursday, April 28, 2011

Doctors... ugh

So I forgot to update on the Doctor situation. So the office of Pool and Turner do not accept new patients when they are in their 3rd trimester. When I called them back saying that the receptionist told me she would talk to Dr. Pool about seeing me, the receptionist said she didn't know who I spoke to, but they never accept patients in their 3rd trimester. So after I got off the phone with her I called OSU main to see if I could get ANY OB/GYN to see me, they also responded that they do not take new patients in their 3rd trimesters. I called 2 more practices and they all said the same thing. I finally called back to Professional for Womens Health (the original practice we went to for the first 27 weeks) Explained the situation that we transfered out and had ONE appointment elsewhere. They told me since we transfered out that they could/would not take me back (they said because the insurance company closed me out, which I think is Bullshit). After that I called the place that we transfered to and asked them if I could have my prenatal checkups with them and deliver on my own at OSU, they said if they wouldn't be able to deliver for me then they could not provide their service. So 30 weeks and nowhere to go. I finally called this other Doctors practice called Premier Womens Health, they told me that they would be able to take me and said that it wasn't right that the other companies were turning me away.

My Husband and I went to see them the next day. They seemed nice enough, we would have much rathered to be with a midwife practice but hopefully we will meet at least one doctor that we really like, who knows. If we don't end up liking them at least we will know that the baby is alright and we can just show up at OSU and a nurse can deliver for us.

3600 Olentangy River Road Suite 490
Columbus, OH 43214

Phone:

(614) 459-1000

No comments:

Post a Comment